Deep, effective, lasting changes...
to inspire the BodyAlive!
Imagine feeling aligned, gracefully in-tune with gravity ~ ease, mobility, and resonant balance ~ expressing the gift of life.
SOMA Neuromuscular Integration®
Since 1999 Aric Spencer has offered SOMA Bodywork, the first off-shoot of Ida Rolf's Structural Integration, in Port Townsend, WA
11 Sessions of SOMA
A structure-savvy massage
SOMA techniques for injuries
Sound Sleep Breathwork
SOMA techniques for improving day and night time breathing
(sleep apnea, snoring, insomnia, shallow breathing, asthma...)
Eighteen years, 80% raw, live, and vegan lifestyle.
Main benefits to Structural Integration:
Enhanced Physical, Mental, and Emotional Performance
- A productive, active muscle system… clients gain added mobility and healthier joints that can more easily stay in alignment. Soma work decreases scar tissues for a more productive and active muscle system—creating more elastic, powerful, and efficient muscle contraction.
- A posture that looks and is comfortable… clients gain feeling more balance, grounded, and taller in height. Soma work opens up the range of motion in the joints for better alignment and balance within the pull of gravity—creating a more naturally stable, upright, and comfortable posture.
- A sense of embodiment… clients gain feeling more alive, dynamic, graceful, and more aware of the present moment. Soma work decreases neurological "fixation" that blocks the intelligent feedback needed for smooth coordination, proprioception*, and healthy sequencing of movements—creating a truly felt sense of the body.
- A new sense of responsiveness to learning, growing, healing, and aging… clients gain boosted self-esteem, self-reliance and creative self-expression. Integrating all three systems mentioned above, (muscle, joint, and nervous) Soma work allows for an amazing benefit to emerge: a new sense of responsiveness to learning, growing, healing, and aging. These often challenging aspects of life can reshape themselves into some of the most pleasurable and joyful human achievements.
- Of course there are plenty more benefits: chronic pain relief, an increased appetite for physical activity, and recurrent rejection of worry...